GLOBUS 2018: Canadian Rockies Winter Adventure (CL)
8 days from Vancouver to Calgary
Call (215) 236-3660 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13884634
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 6/30/2018
- 8 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Vancouver||Welcome to Vancouver! At 6 pm, meet your traveling companions for a welcome drink. Your Tour Director will prepare you for your upcoming adventure.|
|Day 2||VIA RAIL, THE CANADIAN||This morning, tour Vancouver, including the waterfront, Chinatown, and Stanley Park with its old-growth evergreen forests and totem poles. Free time to explore this vibrant city on your own before dinner at a local restaurant. Later this evening, transfer to the train station for your departure on the CANADIAN. (B,D)|
|Day 3||Jasper||Wake up this morning to the beautiful scenery of the Canadian Rockies. See Canada's pristine landscape of frozen lakes, snowcapped mountains, and beautiful blue skies. Keep your eyes open for wildlife such as moose, elk, and eagles. Spend the day in comfort on the Canadian train, with delicious meals and spectacular views from the dome car. Arrive in the late afternoon in Jasper, where you will spend the next two nights at the historic Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge. (B,L)|
|Day 4||Jasper||A day to explore all the wonders of JASPER NATIONAL PARK. Enjoy your choice of activities this afternoon: take an [LF] ICE WALK through Maligne Canyon or a guided WILDLIFE SAFARI. During your free time, you may want to go cross-country skiing, try snowshoeing, or browse the shops in downtown Jasper. Indoors, you can choose from spa treatments, gourmet dining, or just relaxing by the fire with a warm drink. (B,D)|
|Day 5||Lake Louise||Today, we travel to the beautiful shores of Lake Louise and the majestic Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise. Enjoy this winter wonderland on a [LF] HORSE-DRAWN SLEIGH RIDE. Take in the fresh air and marvel at the incredible mountain scenery with blankets to keep you warm and comfortable. Other winter activities available include dogsledding, snowshoeing, snowmobile tours, or ice-skating. (B,D)|
|Day 6||Banff||This morning, stroll back through time on a [LF] HERITAGE TOUR to learn more about the Chateau's unique history, and to hear amazing stories of how this area has changed from a little lake to one of the most photographed scenes in Canada. Continue to BANFF NATIONAL PARK, where sightseeing includes a visit to Bow Falls and the Hoodoos. The remainder of the day is yours to explore on your own. Your Tour Director will have suggestions for additional sightseeing, shopping, and dining. Your home for the next two nights is the Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel. (B)SPECIAL FEATURE: Built in 1888, the Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel was the largest hotel in the world at the time and also marked the beginning of tourism in the Canadian Rockies. Styled after a Scottish Baronial castle, the hotel is known as the 'Castle of the Rockies.'|
|Day 7||Banff||A full free day to explore Banff on your own. You may wish to stroll Banff Avenue and the many shops and galleries found there, partake in Afternoon Tea at the Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel, or spend the day skiing, snowboarding, or learning the truly Canadian sport of curling. Other options include visiting one of the town's museums, taking a soak in the natural hot springs, enjoying a massage, or striking up a conversation with a local at one of the town's coffee shops. Tonight, your Tour Director hosts drinks by the fire, followed by a festive farewell dinner, the perfect ending to your Canadian Rockies winter adventure. (B,D)|
|Day 8||Calgary||Your winter adventure in the Canadian Rockies comes to a close today as you arrive at Calgary International Airport for your flight home. Flights should be scheduled after 1 pm. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Gratuities for Tour Director and driver are available for pre-purchase. Any applicable Goods and Service Tax (GST) and or Harmonized Sales Tax (HST) for Canada are additional. Taxes will be calculated and listed at the time of booking, prior to payment being collected.Prices are per person based on double room occupancy. Single Room Supplement: $640Triple Room Reduction per person:$50Extra nights per person in Vancouver: January-February: in single room $227; in twin room $137; in triple room $113December: in single room $235; in twin room $141; in triple room $116January-February 2019: in single room $235; in twin room $141; in triple room $116Extra nights per person in Banff: January-February: in single room $242; in twin room $144; in triple room $130December: in single room $251; in twin room $149; in triple room $133January-February 2019: in single room $251; in twin room $149; in triple room $1332019 prices and itineraries are subject to change. Details will be available in September 2018.
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).
From $3,115.00 (USD)
Breathtaking scenery and magical experiences sum up this Canadian Rockies winter vacation.