Jewels of Italy with Oberammergau Jewels of Italy with Oberammergau
Brochure Type: Europe Preview 2020
Explore Italy's sophisticated capitals of Venice, Florence and Rome - the beautiful cobblestone squares, centuries' old tradition and historic highlights like the mighty Colosseum, Leaning Tower of Pisa and spectacular Duomo must-visits on your open-air museum tour of this fascinating destination. Trafalgar has secured premium tickets for you to attend the once in a decade performance of the Passion Play in the picturesque Bavarian town of Oberammergau.
- Florence Sightseeing with a Local Specialist includes views of the Cathedral and Piazza della Signoria
- Innsbruck View the famous Golden Roof and see the ski-jump
- Oberammergau Premium tickets for the 2020 Passion Play
- Pisa Visit the Square of Miracles to view the Leaning Tower
- Rome Sightseeing tour with a Local Specialist includes a visit to St. Peter's Basilica and views of the mighty Colosseum
- Venice Cruise by private boat to St. Mark's Square. Visit a traditional glassblowing workshop on Giudecca Island
- Verona View the Roman Arena and Juliet's Balcony
- 9 Buffet breakfasts
- 4 Three course dinners
- Audio Headsets Provided throughout your holiday to enhance your included sightseeing experiences
- Daily breakfast
- Luxury air-conditioned coach
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Variety of Optional Experiences
- An expert Travel Director and separate driver
- All hotel service charges and tips, baggage handling fees and local taxes
- Airport transfers are provided on the first and last travel day. Conditions apply
Call (215) 236-3660 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13495810
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 9/30/2017
- 10 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Rome||Arrive Rome (2 Nights): Welcome to Rome. After check-in, relax and unwind. Later meet with your Travel Director and fellow travellers. This evening consider a stroll around this fascinating ancient city and mingle with the locals in beautiful squares with stunning architecture.|
|Day 2||Rome||Rome Sightseeing and Free Time: Your Local Specialist takes you on a sightseeing tour with a visit to the Vatican City. Visit the awe-inspiring St. Peter's Basilica and view Michelangelo's statue, the Pietà. Don't miss the opportunity to join an Optional Experience to visit inside the famous Sistine Chapel and Vatican Museums. View the mighty Colosseum and see the ancient sites of Rome. Afterwards enjoy free time to take in the sights or join an Optional Experience to explore the Pantheon and Piazza Navona.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 3||Florence||Rome - Pisa - Florence (2 Nights): This morning leave Rome and head north towards Central Italy. Travel through picturesque scenery in Umbria and Tuscany before arriving in the town of Pisa. Visit the Square of Miracles featuring the Leaning Tower, Cathedral and Baptistery. There is time to shop for souvenirs and take pictures. Later arrive at your hotel near Florence, birthplace of the Renaissance.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 4||Florence||Florence Sightseeing and Free Time: There are few cities in the world with an artistic legacy to equal that of Florence. Your Local Specialist gives a superb commentary of the city's history during your walking tour, which includes views of the Baptistery, Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore, the impressive Giotto's Bell Tower and a visit to Piazza della Signoria. Experience a demonstration of fine leatherwork with time to explore on your own. Shop for high-quality leather and 18-carat gold jewellery for which Florence is renowned and don't forget to try the gelato. Later enjoy dinner at the hotel.Buffet Breakfast, Dinner|
|Day 5||Venice||Florence - Verona - Venice (Mestre) (2 Nights): Your journey continues north across the dramatic Apennine Mountains to Verona, the home of Shakespeare's star-crossed lovers. View the vast Roman Arena, where concerts are still held regularly each year and see Juliet's Balcony. Hear the story of the play which begins with a street brawl between Montague and Capulet servants who, like their masters, are sworn enemies. Head east to the magical, romantic city of Venice.Buffet Breakfast, Dinner|
|Day 6||Venice||Venice Orientation and Free Time: Watch the Venetian craftsmen at work creating local specialities at a glassblowing workshop on Giudecca Island. Then cruise by private launch to St. Mark's Square in the heart of Venice. Admire the Bridge of Sighs, the ornate Doge's Palace and the Byzantine Basilica of St. Mark. Spend free time afterwards exploring this fascinating city or perhaps take a cruise across the lagoon to the island of Burano for a relaxing meal. Burano is an island in the Venetian lagoon known for its brightly coloured houses.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 7||Innsbruck||Venice (Mestre) - Innsbruck: This morning enjoy spectacular scenery including driving the Brenner Pass which separates Italy from Austria. Arrive in the scenic town of Innsbruck - famous for hosting the 1976 Winter Olympic Games and enjoy free time to explore the sights including the Hofburg Palace and the Golden RoofBuffet Breakfast|
|Day 8||Oberammergau||Innsbruck - Oberammergau: Enjoy free time in Innsbruck where you can explore the city and discover its ties to the Winter Olympic Games. Later travel to the picturesque town of Oberammergau where the Passion Play will be performed tomorrow. This evening dine at your hotel.Buffet Breakfast, Dinner|
|Day 9||Oberammergau||Oberammergau (Passion Play Performance): Enjoy the unique atmosphere in town before taking your premium seat for an inspired and moving performance of the Passion Play this afternoon. Dine at a local restaurant this evening before experiencing the captivating second half of this unique event as night falls.Buffet Breakfast, Dinner|
|Day 10||Depart Munich||Oberammergau - Depart Munich: It's Farewell to your newfound friends at the end of your memorable holiday. Transfers are available to Munich Airport. Conditions apply.|
- Oberammergau Accommodation: Trafalgar has secured hotel accommodation either in Oberammergau or close by in the picturesque villages of the Bavarian Alps. Please note that single and triple rooms are not available for the Oberammergau stay. Solo travellers and triple share guests will be matched and accommodated in a twin room with a fellow solo Trafalgar traveller (of the same gender) for the duration of the stay.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class
From $2,150.00 (USD)
Tour Type: CostSaverBrochure Type: Europe Preview 2020Explore Italy's sophisticated capitals of Venice, Florence and Rome - the beautiful cobblestone squares, centuries' old tradition and historic highlights like the mighty Colosseum, Leaning Tower o...